Brand new bag

{ }









I made this bag recently after seeing one my mom made. It's the Amy Butler Field Bag & Tote. I made the "bag" version, which just means it has a zipper closure along the top. The bag is bigger than it looks here -- it's kind of beach-sized, rather than purse-sized, if you will.










I made mine from a Riley Blake line of fabrics. My favorite is the one with the white background, but I couldn't make the main part of the bag in white! Can you imagine the stains? So I paired it with the cutest green and yellow fabrics -- I especially like the yellow as the lining. With pockets, no less!

This bag was definitely a stretch for my skill set. I've only done zippers 3 times before, and those were in clothing, which was much easier. It was the first time I've shortened a zipper, made and used piping, and made pleats. All in all, I'm very happy with the results. I'm using it as a diaper bag/purse whenever I go somewhere with the girls!

FYI: My mom made hers from polka dot fabrics: black with white where the green is on mine, white with black on the top, and red with white for the lining and piping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bag! Yes, the picture makes it look purse size but when I clicked on the link, wow, it is beach size!

Mary Jo

Post a Comment