Back in early December, my mom visited and bought me a jelly roll of the French General line from Moda. I decided to design my own quilt for the first time, rather than using a pattern. I worked it out on the computer:I put the top together pretty quickly, and had the thing basted and partially quilted for quite awhile. Then I got bored with it and moved on to other projects for awhile. I finally got around to finishing it this past week. I did the binding correctly this time, by sewing it onto the front first and then hand sewing the back. Before I've always just used the machine. It does look MUCH better done by hand, but I don't know if I'll bother doing it again. It was quite a pain.
Here it is, all finished!
A close up of the back showing the binding: